Hydrogel for autolytic debridement
Askina® Gel is a clear, viscous, sterile hydrogel. Dependant on wound conditions, Askina® Gel rehydrates dry necrotic tissue, to promote debridement in dry wounds, or absorbs wound slough and exudate where a small amount of exudate is present. Askina® Gel maintains a moist wound healing environment conducive to natural healing.
- Easy to apply, in any position, with one hand
- Remains in place after application
- More hydration: donates 40% of its water to the wound (composition: purified water, glycerol, gelling agent, acrylic polymer
- Crystal clear, provides a more accurate wound assessment
- A special cannula of the 15g tube allows to reach deeper wounds sinuses, fistulae …
- Askina®Gel 100g tube allows multiple use on the same patient, duringone week after opening.
Low exuding, sloughy or dry necrotic wounds: venous and arterial leg ulcers, pressure ulcers, diabetic foot ulcers andtraumatic wounds.
- Do not use on patients with known sensitivity to the gel or one of its components
- Do not use on third degree burns
- Do not use if tube is damaged or seal is broken