Hydrogel for autolytic debridement
Askina® Gel is a clear, viscous, sterile hydrogel. Depending on the wound conditions, Askina® Gel rehydrates dry necrotic tissue to promote debridement in dry wounds, or can absorb wound slough and exudate when a small amount of exudate is present. Askina® Gel maintains a moist wound healing environment conducive to natural healing.
- Easy to apply, in any position, with one hand
- Remains in place after application
- More hydration: 40% of its watergoes tothe wound (compounds purified water, glycerol, gelling agent, acrylic polymer)
- The Crystal clear aspect of the gel, provides a more accurate wound assessment
- A special cannula on the 15g tube allows to reach deeper wounds (sinuses, fistulae)
- The 100g Askina®Gel tube allows for multiple uses on the same patient, for one week after opening.
Low exuding, sloughy or dry necrotic wounds: venous and arterial leg ulcers, pressure ulcers, diabetic foot ulcers and traumatic wounds.
- Do not use on patients with known sensitivity to the gel or one of its components
- Do not use on third degree burns
- Do not use if the tube is damaged or if the seal is broken