For the supply of energy, essential fatty acids including omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids, amino acids, electrolytes and fluids for parenteral nutrition of patients in states of moderate to severe catabolism when oral or enteral nutrition is impossible, insufficient or contraindicated.
Nutriflex Omega 56/144/40 is indicated in adults.
- Central venous parenteral nutrition emulsion rich in Eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and Docosahexaenoic acid (DHA), derived from fish oil.
- Suitable for total parenteral nutrition and/ or supplementary PN in combination with enteral nutrition
- Presentations: 625, 1250, 1875 ml (may differ from country to country)
Nutriflex Omega 56/144/40 emulsion for infusion with Lipidem® / Lipoplus®* (MCT / LCT /Omega3-acid Triglycerides) as lipid component.
Lipidem® / Lipoplus®
- may reduce the risks of nosocomial infections1
- may improve the O2 gas exchange2
- may reduce the hospital length of stay2-4
The bag design of Nutriflex® 3-Chamber Bags is dedicated to enhancing convenience and safety with information at a glance:
- 100 % PVC, DEHP and latex free.
- Clear and user friendly labeling at a glance
- Innovative oxygen indicator provides quality assurance
- Ports with a sterile surface enhance the sense of security
- Self-sealing and stable ports
- Color coding simplifies differentiation of bag versions and ports
Nutriflex Omega 56/144/40 can be mixed with the following additives up to the below specified upper concentration limits or maximum amount of additives after supplementation. The resulting admixtures are stable for 7 days between +2°C to +8°C plus 2 days at 25°C
- Electrolytes: take account of the electrolytes already present in the bag; stability has been demonstrated up to a total quantity of 200 mmol/l of sodium + potassium (sum), 9.6 mmol/l of magnesium and 6.4 mmol/l of calcium in the ternary mixture.
- Phosphate: stability has been demonstrated up to a maximum concentration of 20 mmol/l for inorganic phosphate.
- Alanyl-Glutamin up to 24 g/l.
- Trace elements and vitamins: stability has been demonstrated with commercially available multi-trace elements and multi-vitamins (e.g. Tracutil, Cernevit) up to the standard dosage recommended by the respective manufacturer of the micronutrient.
Detailed information about the above mentioned additives and the corresponding shelf life of such admixtures can be provided on demand by the manufacturer.
Information may differ in your country. Before prescribing refer to nationally approved prescribing information.
1) Grau-Carmona T, Bonet-Saris A, García-de-Lorenzo A, SánchezAlvarez C, Rodríguez-Pozo A, Acosta-Escribano J, Miňambres E, Herrero-Meseguer JI, Mesejo A; Influence of n-3 Polyunsaturated Fatty Acids Enriched Lipid Emulsions on Nosocomial Infections and Clinical Outcomes in Critically Ill Patients: ICU Lipids Study; Crit Care Med. 2015 Jan; 43(1):31-9
2) Vera M. Barbosa, Elizabeth E. Miles, Conceicao Calhua, Estevao Lafuente, Philip C. Calder Effects of a fish oil containing lipid emulsion on plasma phospholipid fatty acids, inflammatory markers, and clinical outcomes in septic patients: a randomized, controlled clinical trial Critical Care 2010; 14:R5.
3) Matthias W. Wichmann, Paul Thul, Hans-Dieter Czarnetzki, Bart J. Morlion, Matthius Kemen, Karl-Walter Jauch Evaluation of clinical safety and beneficial effects of a fish oil containing lipid emulsion (Lipoplus, MLF541): data from a prospective, randomized, multicenter trial Critical Care Medicine 2007; 35(3):700-706.
4) Zhang C, Li N, Wang X, Li G, Fan C, Li J. Influence of Lipoplus fat emulsion on postoperative nutritional status and early inflammatory response in patients with gastrointestinal malignancies. Zhonghua Wei Chang Wai Ke Za Zhi 2012; 15(5):448-51.