Emulsion for injection or infusion. The Propofol for patients requiring long-term sedation for up to 7 days.
Propofol-®Lipuro 20 mg/ml is a short-acting intravenous general anaesthetic for
- Induction and maintenance of general anaesthesia in adults and children > 3 years
- Sedation of ventilated patients >16 years of age in the intensive care unit
- Sedation for diagnostic and surgical procedures, alone or in combination with local or regional anaesthesia in adults and children > 3 years
- Induction of sedation for diagnostic and surgical procedures
Available in infusion bottle 50 ml
- LCT/MCT emulsion has been shown to improve lung function 4
- LCT/MCT emulsion has been shown to enhance liver function 6
- LCT/MCT emulsion has been shown to sustain immune function 5
Information may differ in your country. Before prescribing refer to nationally approved prescribing information.
1. Müller RH, Harnisch S. Physico chemical characterization of propofol-loaded emulsions and interaction with plasma proteins. Eur Hosp Pharm 2000; 6: 24-31.
2. Larsen B, Beerhalter U, et al. Less pain on injection by a new formulation of propofol? A comparison with propofol LCT. Anaesthesist 2001; 50(11): 842-5.
3. Rau J, Roizen MF, et al. Propofol in an emulsion of long- and medium-chain triglycerides: the effect on pain. Anesth Analg 2001; 93(2): 382-4.
4. Marsili I, Iovinelli G, et al. Parenteral nutrition in COPD patients: long vs. mediumchain triglycerides (MCT). Clinical Nutrition 1992; 11: 45, special supplement.
5. Waitzberg DL, Bellinati-Pires R, et al. Eff ect of total parenteral nutrition with diff erent lipid emulsions on human monocyte and neutrophil funcions. Nutrition 1997; 13: 128-132.
6. Carpentier YA, Siderova V, et al. Long-term TPN and liver dysfunction. Clinical Nutrition 1989; 8: 31, special supplement.