Vascular Access Devices
Vascular Access – Link between Therapies and Treatments
Vascular access is an important part of medical treatments. Whether in cancer therapy, in operating theaters, in intensive care units or in emergency, the placement of a vascular access device is the key of delivering life-saving medications and therapies. In order to protect blood vessels in the best possible way and prevent complications and injuries, it is crucial to choose the right vascular access device.
Vascular Access Devices for Different Needs & Therapies
Venous access is an important part of infusion therapy. The device choice is determined by type and duration of therapy and the quality of the vessels.
B. Braun offers a wide range of these devices:
- peripheral intravenous catheters (PIVC),
- deep access peripheral catheters (deep access PIVC),
- central venous catheters (CVC) – also known as centrally inserted central catheter (CICC)
- peripherally inserted central catheters (PICC), and
- port catheters, including safety needles.
A decision tree contributes to a higher quality of care.
The B. Braun portfolio offers a wide range of products for different therapies and types of vascular access. We will be happy to advise you on the selection of the most suitable vascular access device, taking into account the individual needs of your patient.
On the following pages you will discover …
- the benefits of each vascular access device
- common side effects, complications and risks and how to deal with them
- safety tips for implantation and maintenance
- the wide product portfolio of vascular access devices
- and much more!
Start with choosing one of the vascular access devices below to gain more information:
1. Chopra V, Flanders SA, Saint S, Woller SC, O'Grady NP, Safdar N, Trerotola SO, Saran R, Moureau N, Wiseman S, Pittiruti M. The Michigan Appropriateness Guide for Intravenous Catheters (MAGIC): results from a multispecialty panel using the RAND/UCLA appropriateness method. Annals of internal medicine. 2015 Sep 15;163(6_Supplement):S1-40.